Volunteers are vital to the success of the many art programs at Downtown Art Place.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other members of the art community and to enhance your cultural life. The following are just a few of the ways to get involved as a DAP Volunteer.
• Volunteer to help our artists during after school and summer art programs
• Volunteer in the Downtown Art Place Gallery & Gift shop (summer or winter months)
• Maintain temporary gallery hours during exhibitions or during evening theatre events
• Installation of exhibition (arranging walls, hanging artwork, site preparation, etc...)
• Photographing the event
• Volunteer support staff during events (taking tickets at the door, taking art sales orders, etc...)
• Office Assistance
• Ongoing research and grant projects
• Hands-on experience with arts and non-profit administration
• Experienced DAP volunteers are often placed on specific planning committees.
• Help us plan, organize, publicize and recruit volunteers for annual events, exhibits, classes and programs.
• *Goals* raise funds, encouraging and involving young artists, recruiting new art audiences, and raise visibility for the art and artists in the community.
Volunteers are our most valuable resource!
Downtown Art Place is supported by the United States Regional Arts Resilience Fund Phase 2, an initiative of Arts Midwest and its peer United States Regional Arts Organizations, made possible by an anonymous donor.