Volunteers are vital to the success of the many art programs at Downtown Art Place.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other members of the art community and to enhance your cultural life. The following are just a few of the ways to get involved as a DAP Volunteer.
• Volunteer to help our artists during after school and summer art programs
• Volunteer in the Downtown Art Place Gallery & Gift shop (summer or winter months)
• Maintain temporary gallery hours during exhibitions or during evening theatre events
• Installation of exhibition (arranging walls, hanging artwork, site preparation, etc...)
• Photographing the event
• Volunteer support staff during events (taking tickets at the door, taking art sales orders, etc...)
• Office Assistance
• Ongoing research and grant projects
• Hands-on experience with arts and non-profit administration
• Experienced DAP volunteers are often placed on specific planning committees.
• Help us plan, organize, publicize and recruit volunteers for annual events, exhibits, classes and programs.
• *Goals* raise funds, encouraging and involving young artists, recruiting new art audiences, and raise visibility for the art and artists in the community.
Volunteers are our most valuable resource!
The DAP is supported in part by awards from the
MICHIGAN ARTS & CULTURE COUNCIL
NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS.
Downtown Art Place is supported by the United States Regional Arts Resilience Fund Phase 2,
an initiative of Arts Midwest
and its peer United States
Regional Arts Organizations,
made possible by
an anonymous donor.
Downtown Art Place
111 E. Aurora St. Ironwood, MI 49938
Copyright © 2021 Downtown Art Place - All Rights Reserved.
Website design by Sharp Graphic Design